In version 5.3.0,
New in Profound.js 5.3.0.
A new PJSCALL program was introduced. It allow for:
- Calling premise or cloud modules
- Supports sending and receiving parameters
- Supports calling any type of modules (screen, low-code, or classic).
Profound.js programs running on Profound.js Spaces can be called using the NODERUN CL command or program. The program to run is identified by the Profound.js Spaces workspace owner and workspace name. The workspace's start program is executed, parameters can be passed back and forth, and the program can access IBM i data and objects. Access tokens can be used to run workspaces that don't allow public access. Profound.js Connector APIs, such as DB2/i access, program/procedure call, etc. are available to the Profound.js Spaces program when called in this way, and access to IBM i objects runs in the same job as the NODERUN command. The program may either present an interactive user interface or just perform back-end business logic, in which case control is immediately passed back to IBM i after the Profound.js Spaces program finishes executing. Calling an interactive program is only allowed within a Profound UI / Genie session.
The NODERUN command takes the following parameters:
- Workspace owner - Specifies the profile handle that owns the workspace to run.
- Workspace - Specifies the name of the workspace to run. The name can be given in either the descriptive format, or in the format used in the workspace URL.
- Access token - Specifies an optional Profound.js Spaces access token, for running workspaces without public "run" permission.
- Parameters - One or more parameters can be specified to pass to the Profound.js Spaces program. Note: Unlike the CALL command, NODERUN command does not modify the data in CL variables that are passed as parameters.
See the command help panels for more information on using the NODERUN command.
The NODERUN program performs the same functions the NODERUN command, except that parameter values changed by the Profound.js Spaces program are returned to the caller.
|NODERUN Parameter List|
Profile handle that owns workspace to be called.
Workspace name in either descriptive format or
workspace URL format.
Pass '*NONE' to run a public workspace.
Parameter to pass to the Profound.js Spaces program.
Type/length depends on definition in the program.
This parameter can be repeated as many times as needed.
Security / Access Control
For security purposes, both the NODERUN command and program use an access control list to determine what workspaces can be called. The access control list is stored in database table NODERUNACL in the Profound.js Connector installation library. The table has one column, for the workspace owner profile handle. The NODERUN command and program will only call workspaces belonging to owners listed in the NODERUNACL table. By default, the access control list only allows workspaces published by Profound Logic. Insert additional rows in the table to allow calling workspaces published by other owners.